Saturday 19 September 2015

CAPTAIN BOBWASH

Having spent 11 nights camping in leffo & on free Aires I'm shelling out £10 for a night of luxury. Showers, toilets, electric hook up & a washing machine. A pool too if you dare. I arrived in Crayssac near Cahors. The site was OK but obviously gearing down for the winter. I booked in, bought a bottle of local Cahors red & planed my next stop off. I bought a washing machine token & did the washing for the princely some of 5€ bargain. Hung it out to dry, retired to Leftie & shared the bottle of wine myself, such generosity. Toulouse sausage casserole for tea, unless your name is Frances when it's called supper even at 5 pm. Went for a wonder round the campsite, watched a film saw no other English vans so had an early night. It was a very Restless night, probably the longest Leftie and I have spent in a long time. Woke up the first time about 1am  & remembered I'd left the washing out. No panic who the hell would steal my wardrobe. So last season my dear. I must have dosed off again because the next time I woke at 2am I could hear the rain beating down as it does on lefties roof, it's a lovely feeling being tucked up in bed all warm and snug listening to rain on the roof, that is until you remember the washing hanging on the line a hundred yards away ( MERDE ) as they say in France. Not point bringing it in now. It can't get any wetter and where would I put it. The rain persisted all night so when the reception opened at 9am I was waiting at the door for 2 tokens at 5€ each, no longer a bargain, a very expensive wash. As the weather forecast was for rain and possible thunderstorms I decided to drive 3hours or so south which promised sun.

Later that day saw me on an ex campsite on the edge of Puylaurens. The weather was better so I had tea.  Galettes ( savoury Breton pancakes ) heated in a pan with ham. Cheese, and topped with egg. I then ate a runaway sausage, it was one left over from the casserole that had lept from the top shelf of the fridge and tried to to hide in the tray at the bottom, the sausage that is not the casserole. I could have just thrown it away but hey I had nothing to loose ( Toulouse )  Ha Ha Ha, see what I did there !! Stand by for tomorrow's nail biting instalment.

No comments:

Post a Comment