Saturday 26 September 2015

OH MY GAUDI









Well another day another Euro. I just arrived at a site in Mataro 50 mins North of Barcelona & booked in for 3 nights with a view of going into the city tomorrow.
This morning  the sun is shining & I am refreshed from strong drink & a good nights sleep.The site is Quite expensive but has free WiFi and a free bus into the city & back so I'll see.you there.
 It's difficult to put Barcelona into words specially Gaudis Sagrada Familia, it's like a diamond, a different facet at every turn, so I'll do it in Pictures :-

Random Imposing Building 

The next three are an early Gaudi project

 

Could have been used in Harry Potter

A random piece of street scupture 









This is an hotel which I approached from the left hand side. It just looked like a thin flat surface !

Science Museum.Yet another stunning  building

Add caption

How does this Building not fall down ?



There's some cool street graffiti in Europe 




Foam Party For the kids


I Didn't expect Barcelona to be as big as it turned out to be. On the street map it didn't look so big Being a Yorkshire man there was no way I was going to cough up 27 Euros for an open topped bus tour or 15 Euros and a two hour Que to see the inside of the cathedral So I walked & walked & walked & walked for hours but as I clambered on board the bus back to campsite I really do wish I'd forked out the 9 Euros for the underground network the people sat next to me told me about. All over the City they said. Bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment