Saturday 26 September 2015

WELL WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM A PLACE CALLED PENIS COLA

I rested for a day till my legs started working again then set off for A place someone had recommended called Peniscola, a lovely long beach and promenade they said.
 (Not to be confused with Pensacola in the USA) where the do indeed have both those things. Different as chalk and Camembert. Having said that I never actually got to the promenade or beach because the campsite was twice as far away as it said in the book and I wasn't up for another Barcelona. The motorhomes on site were packed in like sardines.The supposedly free WiFi pronounced Wee Fee around here didn't work but how can you complain about something that doesn't work if it's free ? Went off for a shower but it had no shower  head, just a 15mm pipe sticking out of the wall and as the door lock was long gone I had to assume a Mick Jagger pose and push my bum against the door. I should have started singing " I cant get no Satisfaction " or come to that any hot water either. The sites only saving grace was I had only booked in for one night and they only charged me 10 Euros instead of  the 16 it said in the ACSI guide. I was away for 9.30 in the morning & drove the two hours down to the city of Valencia on lovely wide, quiet roads.
 I have come to realize I don't enjoy driving through European city's Iv'e never been to, or towns, or for that matter Villages thanks to Sue. Valencia like all the others Iv'e had to negotiate is not for the faint hearted and the older I get the fainter mine is becoming.
 Well I've arrived here at lovely, roomy, friendly site  and discovered  there's bus from outside the site into the city so tomorrow I'll do the tour. I do hope they have an underground system.
Iv'e noticed a big difference between Spain and France. In France as you drive along there's loads of Supermarkets whereas in Spain they seem very few and far between on main roads. the upshot of this being that I didn't pass one on my drive. The camp shop sells only ready meals so I bought a paella in a bag. next time your in Asda or wherever, buy one of those £1.50 ready meals, take it home heat it up and taste it you'll know what I mean. Then throw it in the bin. At least the wine I bought to go with it saved the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment